Tax Calendar: Key Deadlines for Businesses and Other Employers in Q4 2023
Here are some key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2023. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. If you have questions about filing requirements, contact us.
Please note, certain tax-filing and tax-payment deadlines may be postponed for taxpayers who reside in or have businesses in federally declared disaster areas.
Monday, October 2
- The last day you can initially set up a SIMPLE IRA plan, provided you (or any predecessor employer) didn’t previously maintain a SIMPLE IRA plan. If you’re a new employer that comes into existence after October 1 of the year, you can establish a SIMPLE IRA plan as soon as administratively feasible after your business comes into existence.
Monday, October 16
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2022 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2022 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Establish and contribute to a SEP for 2022, if an automatic six-month extension was filed.
Tuesday, October 31
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the third quarter of 2023 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 13.”)
Monday, November 13
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the third quarter of 2023 (Form 941), if you deposited all of the associated taxes due on time (and in full).
Friday, December 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2023 estimated income taxes.
Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements for your specific situation.
Join Our Newsletter
Sign up to receive exclusive newsletters with the latest information affecting you and your organization.
SHARE THIS POST