Valuation, Litigation & Forensic
In our increasingly litigious world, we are often called upon to apply our specialized knowledge and investigative skills to bring analysis to a complicated matter. We offer business valuation, litigation support and forensic services for a variety of complex situations. Whether our findings are communicated verbally or in writing, our team has experience, significant training, and the qualifications to produce reliable, impartial, and supportable conclusions.
We have testified as witnesses in Montgomery, Prince Georges, and Howard Counties in Maryland, as well as Virginia. We also work with clients all over the United States.
What We Do and Who We Serve
Our in-house specialists are prepared to meet the challenges of a complex business world with a unique understanding of such issues as:
- Personal vs. enterprise goodwill
- Valuations of pass-through entities
- Valuation of intangible assets
- Unraveling financial statement fraud
- Marketability discounts for controlling interests
- Trends to calculate minority interest discounts
- Impairment analysis of goodwill for financial statement purposes
- Prevention and detection of fraud in small businesses and in trusts and estates
We provide business valuation, litigation support and forensic services to assist with the following:
- Estate and gift tax planning to protect wealth
- Succession planning for businesses
- Determining the value of assets and liabilities in marital, partnership and corporate dissolutions
- Determining economic damages in tort cases
- Applying GAAP to intangible asset valuations in regards to purchase price allocations and asset impairments
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Buy-sell agreements
- Alimony and child support
- Unraveling employee fraud
- Professional malpractice cases
We believe every business stands on its own merit during a valuation. There are no formulas to plug data into when it comes to arriving at our opinion. We take our role in this process seriously.
Buchbinder has offices in New York, New Jersey and Maryland and provides valuation, litigation support and forensic services nationally.