- Audit, review and readjudicate medical, dental, pharmacy and vision claims.
- Identify, research, and resolve issues in accordance with plan documents.
- Maintain quality and turn-around goals.
- Responsible to complete both individual and team-oriented tasks.
- Interface with and establish rapport with client personnel to obtain information and system access pertinent to the audit process.
- Prioritize competing work demands and concurrent projects and manage time appropriately.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- Maintain the highest of ethical standards.
- Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field.
- 5+ years’ related work experience (medical coding a plus).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, primarily in the Metropolitan Washington DC area, and potentially to other Firm offices in New York City and Little Falls, New Jersey.
- Must have own transportation to visit client locations.
The Firm seeks an experienced Tax Supervisor for our Bethesda, MD office. The candidate will work alongside partners and will oversee and help to develop less experienced staff. The ideal candidate should have entrepreneurial instincts that could lead to a path at the partner level.
- Prepare and review complex corporate, partnership, high net worth individual, fiduciary, and tax-exempt entity tax returns.
- Coordinate with staff and managers with regard to multi-state returns.
- Conduct tax research.
- Perform attest services (reviews, comps) as needed.
- Assist client with related business needs (QuickBooks, payroll tax, sales tax)
- Serve clients’ specific needs, and identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Maintain accurate records for client billing system.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced staff.
- 5-8 years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting setting, including review experience.
- Licensed CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Quickbooks. Proficiency in ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software, required. Proficiency in Prosystem Engagement a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax field through participation in professional interests.
The Firm seeks an experienced Manager for the Little Falls, NJ Office to oversee and review preparation of primarily high net worth individual returns, as well as some partnership and corporate returns. The candidate will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with training and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth. (more…)
The Firm seeks an experienced Audit Manager for our Bethesda, MD office to oversee audit engagements that include diverse for-profit client engagements, labor unions and non-profit audits, and employee benefit plan audits. The candidate will work alongside partners and will oversee and help to develop less experienced staff. The ideal candidate should have entrepreneurial instincts that could lead to a path at the partner level.
- Supervise and coordinate staff on each engagement, including planning, delegating, and reviewing the work of less experienced staff.
- Conduct research as needed, and inform clients of pertinent information.
- Review complex financials prepared by staff.
- Advise clients with regard to regulatory concerns, and suggest improvements in internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Ensure audit completion within allotted time budgets.
- Finalize reports well before deadlines to ensure sufficient time for top level and quality control reviews before issuance.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to address client needs, and to ensure smooth and efficient work flow.
- Review the work performance of staff on an ongoing, per engagement, and annual basis, and train staff on an ongoing basis to broaden and deepen their skills.
- Act as a mentor to staff, including career coaching, problem solving, and technical development.
- Keep informed of regulatory and industry changes.
- Maintain accurate and current records for client billing system.
- Play a significant role in our firm’s marketing activities
- 8-12 years’ experience in a public accounting setting in an audit role with progressively greater responsibility over time.
- Valid CPA license required.
- Knowledge of ProSystem Engagement a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., and up to 30% out-of-town domestic travel; valid driver’s license and regular access to a car.
The Firm seeks an experienced Bookkeeper to address a variety of client bookkeeping needs. This position is based in our New York City office.
- Post entries to GL
- Prepare bank deposits and bank reconciliations
- Prepare sales tax and payroll tax returns
- Process payroll
- Issue checks
- Maintain frequent contact with client personnel by phone and e-mail
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Administrative and clerical internal function, as needed.
- 5-10 years bookkeeping experience in a public accounting setting or bookkeeping service
- Mastery of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel required
- Familiarity with Creative Solutions, Quicken, ADP and PayChex preferred
- Ability to manage multiple clients at once.
- Familiarity with payroll, payroll tax, and sales tax
- Minimum Associate’s degree in business or accounting required
- Certified Bookkeeper preferred
- Personable, friendly, and professional demeanor
- English fluency with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel throughout New York City regularly and infrequently to Long Island
The Firm seeks Staff Accountants in the Bethesda, MD, Little Falls, NJ, and New York, NY offices to perform external audit functions. Candidates will work alongside senior staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
The Firm seeks Staff Tax Accountants to prepare partnership, corporate, individual, and fiduciary tax returns. Candidates will work alongside junior and senior staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth. Positions are available in the New York, NY and Little Falls, NJ offices.