At Buchbinder, we pride ourselves in taking care of our staff. We know that the value we offer to our clients is in our people. Creating an environment of genuine work-life balance is important to us – even during tax season – and we enjoy a collegial, productive and professional atmosphere.
We know tax time is busy and can be stressful and we do everything we can as a firm to ensure our people are not overwhelmed. That’s why we have stress-relievers throughout the season, like games with prizes and ice cream parties, and we celebrate with a local event for each office when the season is over.
During the course of the year we plan many activities and events to keep our staff engaged and connected. We host an annual International Food Day, where staff and partners bring in cuisines representative of their culture. We’ve also done a variety of themes for our annual holiday party, including casino night, karaoke, and carnival. Many of us also participate in firm sports clubs and we partake in charity events to help our local communities.
In addition to competitive salaries, compensation packages include excellent benefits throughout the ranks at Buchbinder, from entry level to managerial level. Our rich benefits package includes:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Care with 95 percent of the employee premium paid by the firm
- Voluntary dental insurance through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Voluntary vision insurance through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Long-term disability through Anthem, paid by the firm
- Life and AD&D (accident) insurance through Anthem, with coverage up to 3x your annualized salary, paid by the firm
- 401(k) plan through Lincoln Financial Group, to which the firm makes an annual safe harbor contribution, 3% of W-2 earnings, for eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts, including Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA, Health Savings Accounts, to which the firm makes generous contributions to help employees manage out-of-pocket healthcare expenses
- Pre-tax mass transit plan
- Reduced rates on CPA exam study materials, and interest-free loans for the balance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid days (in addition to PTO) to study for and sit for the CPA exam
- Travel comp time for eligible professional staff at all levels
- Bonus to staff members who pass all parts of the CPA exam
- Paid AICPA and state society of CPAs memberships
Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Buchbinder draws from a talent pool of accounting and tax college graduates and experienced professionals based in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. to serve labor unions, non-profit organizations, and privately held and family-owned business clients nationally.