At Buchbinder, we pride ourselves in taking care of our staff. We know that the value we offer to our clients is in our people. Creating an environment of genuine work-life balance is important to us – even during tax season – and we enjoy a collegial, productive and professional atmosphere.
We know tax time is busy and can be stressful and we do everything we can as a firm to ensure our people are not overwhelmed. That’s why we have stress-relievers throughout the season, like games with prizes and ice cream parties, and we celebrate with a local event for each office when the season is over.
During the course of the year we plan many activities and events to keep our staff engaged and connected. We host an annual International Food Day, where staff and partners bring in cuisine representative of their culture. We’ve also done a variety of themes for our annual holiday party, including casino night, karaoke, and carnival. Many of us also participate in firm sports clubs and we partake in charity events to help our local communities.
In addition to competitive salaries, compensation packages include excellent benefits throughout the ranks at Buchbinder, from entry level to managerial level. Our rich benefits package includes:
- Cigna Health Care with 95 percent of the employee premium paid by the firm
- Voluntary dental insurance through Cigna
- Long-term disability through Guardian paid for by the firm
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance through Guardian, with coverage up to 3x your annualized salary and paid for by the firm
- 401(k) plan through Mass Mutual, with Traditional and Roth options, to which the firm makes a 3% safe harbor profit-sharing contribution, for all eligible employees
- Flexible spending accounts, including both Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA (regular fulltime employees also may elect to receive a $500 contribution to the Medical FSA)
- Pre-tax mass transit plan
- Interest-free loans for CPA exam study materials or to purchase a personal computer
- Paid time off
- Straight-time overtime for more than 37.5 hours worked by eligible professional staff
- Travel comp time for eligible professional staff at all levels
- Generous bonus to staff members who pass all four parts of the CPA exam
Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Buchbinder draws from a talent pool of accounting and tax college graduates and experienced professionals based in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. to serve labor unions, non-profit organizations, and privately held and family-owned business clients nationally.
We know providing quality health care at a low cost is important to our people. Buchbinder offers a robust plan through Cigna, with 95 percent of your premium paid by the firm.