Tax Supervisor – MD
The Firm seeks an experienced Tax Supervisor for our Bethesda, MD office. The candidate will work alongside partners and will oversee and help to develop less experienced staff. The ideal candidate should have entrepreneurial instincts that could lead to a path at the partner level.
- Prepare and review complex corporate, partnership, high net worth individual, fiduciary, and tax-exempt entity tax returns.
- Coordinate with staff and managers with regard to multi-state returns.
- Conduct tax research.
- Perform attest services (reviews, comps) as needed.
- Assist client with related business needs (QuickBooks, payroll tax, sales tax)
- Serve clients’ specific needs, and identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Maintain accurate records for client billing system.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced staff.
- 5-8 years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting setting, including review experience.
- Licensed CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Quickbooks. Proficiency in ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software, required. Proficiency in Prosystem Engagement a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax field through participation in professional interests.