Staff Tax Accountant
The Firm seeks Staff Tax Accountants to prepare partnership, corporate, individual, and fiduciary tax returns. Candidates will work alongside junior and senior staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth. Positions are available in the New York, NY, and Little Falls, NJ offices.
- Work alongside supervisory staff to prepare partnership, corporate, individual, and fiduciary tax returns, and tax-exempt entity returns.
- Prioritize work according to filing deadlines and workflow demands.
- Maintain organized and neat work so that it can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Correspond with the IRS and state tax agencies.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Special projects, as needed.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 1-2 years’ experience in tax preparation in a public accounting setting, particularly for high net worth individual clients. Strong tax internship experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 credits.
- CPA license, or demonstrated ambition to obtain CPA certification.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.