Tax Senior Manager – NJ
The Firm seeks a talented Senior Tax Manager for the Little Falls, NJ Office to oversee and review preparation of primarily commercial entity returns, as well as some individual and fiduciary returns. The candidate will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with developmental opportunities and training, as well as ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Act as a key contributor to the management of the NJ tax team, including supporting a positive and collaborative work culture, identifying and addressing staff training needs, and directing the flow and balance of work assignments.
- Research and share knowledge of complex tax matters, including specialty areas of commercial tax, such as real estate and manufacturing, as well as foreign reporting matters.
- Supervise, coordinate, and review staff work, and provide timely, meaningful, and developmentally supportive feedback, as well as formal feedback on a semi-annual basis.
- On a limited basis, contribute to preparation of complex C-corp, S-corp, and partnership returns.
- Serve clients’ specific needs, and identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Maintain accurate records for client billing system.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Keep colleagues and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 10+ years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting setting, including a minimum of 5 years in tax management
- Licensed CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred.
- Proficiency in ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software, required; experience in use of CCH Axcess and Engagement preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax field through participation in professional interests.
- Openness to work with staff on both remote and in-person bases. Flexibility to travel to our NYC office on a limited basis.
The Firm offers a collegial work environment and a generous benefit package that includes health care, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, HSA, life insurance, and long term disability. In compliance with NYC Local Law 32, we estimate in good faith that compensation for this position would be between $140k and $200k annually. Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, or any other protected class under the law.