Tax Senior – NY
The Firm seeks an experienced Senior Tax Accountant. This position is based in the New York City office. The candidate will work alongside managers and partners, and will provide supervision to less experienced staff. The candidate will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Prepare primarily complex partnership and high net worth individual returns, and to a lesser extent, prepare corporate, fiduciary, and tax-exempt entity tax returns.
- Coordinate with staff and managers with regard to multi-state returns.
- Conduct independent tax research.
- Serve clients’ specific needs, and identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Maintain accurate, timely records for client billing system.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced staff and interns.
- 3-5 years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting setting; strong focus on high net worth individual returns and partnership returns required.
- Industry exposure to real estate required.
- Licensed CPA strongly preferred; minimum 150 credits and eligibility to sit for the CPA exam, if not already licensed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred.
- Required proficiency in MS Office suite and CCH ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software; Preferred proficiency in Prosystem Engagement, Quickbooks, and other related software, such CCH Axcess and BNA.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax field through participation in professional interests.
The Firm offers a collegial work environment and a generous benefit package that includes health care, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, HSA, life insurance, and long term disability. In compliance with NYC Local Law 32, we estimate in good faith that compensation for this position would be between $85k and $110k annually. Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, or any other protected class under the law.