Tax Manager – MD
The Firm seeks an experienced Tax Manager for our Columbia, MD office. The candidate will work alongside partners and will oversee and help to develop less experienced staff. The ideal candidate should have entrepreneurial instincts that could lead to a path at the partner level.
- Review complex corporate, partnership, high net worth individual, fiduciary, and tax-exempt entity tax returns;
- Prepare highly sophisticated returns;
- Coordinate with staff, managers, and partners to meet deadlines and address client needs;
- Conduct tax research;
- Perform attest services (reviews, compilations) as needed;
- Assist clients with related business needs (QuickBooks, payroll tax, sales tax);
- Identify value-added solutions for clients;
- Maintain accurate records for client billing system;
- Contribute to the training and development of less experienced staff.
- 5-8 years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting setting, including review experience and at least 1 year at the Manager level.
- Licensed CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred.
- Proficiency in ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software, required. Proficiency in Prosystem Engagement a plus. Proficiency in MS Office suite and Quickbooks required. Knowledge of CCH Axcess (Document / Workstream / Funnel / AutoFlow), or equivalent programs, required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax field through participation in professional interests.