Tax Manager – NJ
The Firm seeks an experienced Tax Manager for the Little Falls, NJ Office to oversee and review preparation of primarily high net worth individual returns, as well as some partnership and corporate returns. The candidate will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with training and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Supervise and coordinate staff in preparing individual, partnership, corporate, fiduciary, and tax-exempt entity tax returns.
- Schedule and review staff work.
- Conduct tax research.
- Serve clients’ specific needs, and identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Maintain accurate records for client billing system.
- Review the work performance of staff on an ongoing and semi-annual basis.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 8-15 years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting setting, including a minimum of 5 year in tax management
- Licensed CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred.
- Proficiency in ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software, required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax field through participation in professional interests.
- Flexibility to travel to our NYC office, when necessary.