The Firm seeks Staff Accountants in the Bethesda, MD, Little Falls, NJ, and New York, NY offices to perform external audit functions. Candidates will work alongside senior staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers.
- Prepare client financial statements.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 0-2 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 credits.
- CPA licensed, or candidate for CPA license.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including local travel and up to 30% travel to out-of-town locations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.