Staff Auditor – MD
Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP has a legacy of excellence in the practice of public accounting and management consulting that reaches back 75 years. Over this time, the Firm has evolved into its current organization: 24 partners and a staff of about 85, with offices in New York, New York, Bethesda, Maryland, and Little Falls, New Jersey. The Firm provides a full range of audit, accounting, tax, and management consulting services to a diversified clientele that includes manufacturing, real estate, professional service, employee benefit plans, labor unions, and not-for-profit enterprises. Our accounting professionals are dedicated to providing clients with the specialized knowledge and guidance necessary to meet the challenges of today’s complex, regulated world.
The Firm seeks a Staff Accountant to perform external audit functions and to prepare tax returns. The position is based in our Bethesda office. The candidate will work alongside senior staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers.
- Prepare client financial statements.
- Prepare informational returns, as well as individual and entity tax returns.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 1-2 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 credits.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- CPA license, or demonstrated ambition toward earning CPA license.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including local travel and approximately 15% out-of-town travel.
- Regular access to a car and a valid driver’s license.