Small Business Senior Accountant
The Firm seeks an experienced Small Business Senior Accountant. The position may be based in our Little Falls, NJ office, New York City office, or our Jericho, NY office. This is a hybrid position, which includes significant flexibility to work from home. The candidate will work alongside managers and partners, and will review the work of less experienced accountants and bookkeepers. The candidate will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Provide accounting services for clients, including preparation of trial balance and basic financial statements; posting to GL; banking transactions; AP/AR; etc.
- Prepare and review sales tax and payroll tax documents.
- Conduct accounting research.
- Provide training to Client Bookkeeping staff, and review their work.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure their needs are met.
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience in a public accounting setting
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax or Accounting preferred.
- Expert in MS Office suite and Quickbooks; proficiency in CCH Prosystem Engagement a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the accounting field through participation in professional interests.
The Firm offers a collegial work environment and a generous benefit package that includes health care, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, HSA, life insurance, and long term disability. In compliance with NYC Local Law 32, we estimate in good faith that compensation for this position would be between $65,000 and $110,000 annually. Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, or any other protected class under the law.