Small Business and Tax Senior – NJ
The Firm seeks an experienced Small Business and Tax Senior Accountant. The position is based in the New Jersey office. The candidate will work alongside managers and partners, and will provide supervision to less experienced staff. The candidate will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Prepare corporate, partnership, high net worth individual, fiduciary, and tax-exempt entity tax returns.
- Prepare and review sales tax and payroll tax documents.
- Coordinate with staff and managers with regard to multi-state returns.
- Conduct tax research.
- Provide accounting services for clients, including preparation of financial statements.
- Perform attest services, including primarily reviews and compilations.
- Provide supervisory assistance to Client Bookkeeping staff.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Identify value-added solutions for clients.
- Maintain accurate records for client billing system.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced staff and interns.
- 5+ years of progressive tax and accounting experience in a public accounting setting
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Graduate degree in Tax preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite and Quickbooks. Proficiency in ProSystem Tax, or an equivalent tax software, required. Proficiency in Prosystem Engagement a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the tax and accounting fields through participation in professional interests.