Senior Auditor – LI
The Firm seeks Senior Staff Accountants to perform external audit functions. This position is based in the Long Island office. The candidates will work alongside managers and partners, and will provide supervision to less experienced staff. The candidates will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers, and review the workpapers of less experienced staff.
- Prepare client financial statements, and review statements prepared by less experienced staff.
- Assist in the planning of engagements, and in certain cases manage the planning process.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 3-5 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting required; commercial client, employee benefit plan or non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 credits, or equivalent academic credentials to qualify for CPA licensure.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Experience with Prosystem Engagement and Prosystem Tax a plus.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including local travel and the possibility of minimal out-of-town travel.
- Regular access to a car and a valid driver’s license.
The Firm offers a collegial work environment and a generous benefit package that includes health care, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, HSA, life insurance, and long term disability. In compliance with NYC Local Law 32, we estimate in good faith that compensation for this position would be between $85k and $110k annually. Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, or any other protected class under the law.