Semi-Senior Auditors – NY
The Firm seeks Semi-Senior Staff Accountants for the New York office to perform external audit functions, with a focus on employee benefit plans, non-profits, labor unions, and real estate clients. The candidates will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
– Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
– Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
– Prepare and review audit workpapers.
– Prepare and review client financial statements.
– Prepare and review forms 5500 and 990.
– Organize and delegate work to less experienced staff.
– Mentor less experienced staff.
– Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
– Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
– Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
– Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
– Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
– 1-2 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting.
– Experience auditing employee benefit plans required; prior exposure to labor unions preferred; prior exposure to real estate clients preferred.
– Experience in the preparation of Forms 5500 and 990 preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting; graduate degree preferred.
– CPA license strongly preferred.
– Flexibility to travel to client locations, primarily in the NY/NJ region with a heavy focus on Long Island and NYC clients. Regular access to a car. Minimal out-of-town travel is possible.
– Proficient in MS Office Suite required. Preferred experience with Prosystem Engagement and Tax software.