Payroll Audit – Staff NY
The Firm seeks an entry-level Payroll Compliance Auditor to conduct audits of contributing employers on behalf of multi-employer benefit funds. The candidate will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth. This position is based in the New York City office and requires local travel to all five boroughs and the surrounding suburbs. Currently, our staff are working primarily on a remote basis, due to the pandemic.
- Interface with client and employer personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of fund operations, procedures, and needs.
- Manage large quantities of data in Excel.
- Prepare audit workpapers.
- Prioritize competing work demands and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat workpapers that can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative ideas where appropriate.
- 0-2 years of payroll compliance audit experience in a public or private accounting setting.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, primarily in the tri-state area.
- Strong skills in advanced Excel functions; Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience using ProSystem Engagement a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow for smooth and successful coordination with colleagues, clients, and employers.