The Firm seeks an experienced Office Assistant for our Little Falls, NJ office to perform various clerical functions related to mail, facilities, digital filing, and office maintenance, as well as other administrative support. The candidate will coordinate with partners and staff.
- Process outgoing UPS, FedEx, USPS, and Certified mail. Tracking and follow up of same.
- Distribute incoming mail and deliveries.
- Bar-coding, scan and digitally file documents in electronic document management software.
- Bar-coding of client tax-related documentation. Prepare documents for scanning into the electronic data management software. This includes:
- Organizing documents into the correct order
- Making sure all parts of the return and supporting documentation are present
- Preparation of bar code sheets
- Reproduction and report binding, as needed.
- Maintain operability of office equipment, such as copiers, scanners, fax machines, postage machines, binding machines, shredders, and printers, including simple repairs as well as coordinating with outside maintenance contractors.
- Order supplies related to office machines (copy paper, toner, light bulbs, etc.), and replenish around the office as needed.
- Run local errands, such as bank and post office.
- Attend to storage at on-site and offsite facilities.
- Various clerical or administrative duties, as needed.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all invoices and vendor services, including lease contracts.
- 2+ years’ administrative experience in a public accounting firm or similar professional services setting.
- Experience in a digital filing environment, and familiarity in the use of scanning equipment and software.
- Familiarity with software, equipment, and systems related to mail and premium delivery services.
- Basic familiarity with common software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, Teams, and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong organizational skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when needed, especially during seasonal busy periods, from January through April and from August through October.