The Firm seeks an experienced Bookkeeper to address a variety of client bookkeeping needs. This position is based in our New York City office.
- Post entries to GL
- Prepare bank deposits and bank reconciliations
- Prepare sales tax and payroll tax returns
- Process payroll
- Issue checks
- Maintain frequent contact with client personnel by phone and e-mail
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Administrative and clerical internal function, as needed.
- 5-10 years bookkeeping experience in a public accounting setting or bookkeeping service
- Mastery of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel required
- Familiarity with Creative Solutions, Quicken, ADP and PayChex preferred
- Ability to manage multiple clients at once.
- Familiarity with payroll, payroll tax, and sales tax
- Minimum Associate’s degree in business or accounting required
- Certified Bookkeeper preferred
- Personable, friendly, and professional demeanor
- English fluency with excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel throughout New York City regularly and infrequently to Long Island