Audit Senior, Employee Benefit Plans – MD
The Firm seeks experienced Senior Auditors for our Bethesda, MD office to oversee audit engagements that include diverse for-profit client engagements, labor unions and non-profit audits, and employee benefit plan audits. The candidate will work alongside staff of all levels and will benefit from the mentorship of supervisors, managers, and partners. They will assist in overseeing and helping develop less experienced staff. The ideal candidate should have a broad exposure to employee benefit plans, with strong experience auditing defined benefit plans.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers, and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assist in the preparation of client financial statements.
- Assist in the planning of engagements, and in certain cases manage the planning process.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, seniors, and managers informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 3-7 years’ experience in a public accounting setting in an audit role with progressively greater responsibility over time.
- Required experience auditing employee benefit plans, including defined benefit pension plans.
- CPA license strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of ProSystem Engagement a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., and up to 30% out-of-town domestic travel; valid driver’s license and regular access to a car.