Audit Semi-Senior – NYC
The Firm seeks a Semi-Senior Auditor to perform external, internal, and benefit plan audit functions. This position is based in our New York City office. The candidate will work alongside managers and partners, and will provide supervision to less experienced staff. The candidate will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers, and provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of client financial statements.
- Assist in the planning of engagements, and in certain cases manage the planning process.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain clear and organized workpapers and files that can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 5-3 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting required; employee benefit plan and non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 credits, or equivalent academic credentials to qualify for CPA licensure.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Experience with Prosystem Engagement and Prosystem Tax a plus.
- CPA license strongly preferred, or demonstrated commitment to attaining CPA license
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including local travel and the possibility of minimal out-of-town travel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the audit field through participation in professional interests.
- Regular access to a car and a valid driver’s license strongly recommended.
The Firm offers a collegial work environment and a generous benefit package that includes health care, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, HSA, life insurance, and long term disability. In compliance with NYC Local Law 32, we estimate in good faith that compensation for this position would be between $78k and $90k annually. Buchbinder Tunick & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or partnership status, or any other protected class under the law.