Audit Manager – MD
The Firm seeks an experienced Audit Manager for our Bethesda, MD office to oversee audit engagements that include diverse for-profit client engagements, labor unions and non-profit audits, and employee benefit plan audits. The candidate will work alongside partners and will oversee and help to develop less experienced staff. The ideal candidate should have entrepreneurial instincts that could lead to a path at the partner level.
- Supervise and coordinate staff on each engagement, including planning, delegating, and reviewing the work of less experienced staff.
- Conduct research as needed, and inform clients of pertinent information.
- Review complex financials prepared by staff.
- Advise clients with regard to regulatory concerns, and suggest improvements in internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Ensure audit completion within allotted time budgets.
- Finalize reports well before deadlines to ensure sufficient time for top level and quality control reviews before issuance.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to address client needs, and to ensure smooth and efficient work flow.
- Review the work performance of staff on an ongoing, per engagement, and annual basis, and train staff on an ongoing basis to broaden and deepen their skills.
- Act as a mentor to staff, including career coaching, problem solving, and technical development.
- Keep informed of regulatory and industry changes.
- Maintain accurate and current records for client billing system.
- Play a significant role in our firm’s marketing activities
- 8-12 years’ experience in a public accounting setting in an audit role with progressively greater responsibility over time.
- Valid CPA license required.
- Knowledge of ProSystem Engagement a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C., and up to 30% out-of-town domestic travel; valid driver’s license and regular access to a car.